ESE Paper I (GS) Analysis: The UPSC Engineering Service Examination was held of 18th July 2021, The exam was held in two shifts, first shift for GS (Paper I) and the second shift for Technical (Paper II) . The Paper I is common to all branches while paper II is branch specific, different paper for different branches. The qualified candidates from ESE Prelims will be allowed to appear for ESE mains Examination which is going to be held in the month of October 2021. Checkout Topic-wise Exam Analysis for ESE Paper I General Science , Highlights of the examination, Difficulty level of the Exam Expected cutoff and total question attempts by a candidate for the safe zone.
UPSC ESE 2021 Prelims Highlights
ADDA247 team , in conversation with the appearing candidates of IES 2021 Prelims exam, got to know key highlights of the examination. The points mentioned below are the crux of the experiences of different candidates who appeared for ESE 2021 Prelims Exam.
- The paper was Easy to Moderate compared to ESE 2020 Prelims
- Current Affairs this year had a good weightage, which students find unpredictable and unusual.
- There were 15 questions from Mathematics and General Aptitude both
- Environment Also had a good weightage, nearly 5 questions.
IES ESE 2021 Paper I (GS) Topic-wise Analysis
|Topic||No. of Questions||Level of Difficulty|
|Design, Drawing and importance of safety||7||Moderate|
|Standards and Quality||7||Moderate|
|Energy and Environment||6||Easy|
|ICT (Information and Communication Technologies)||10||Moderate|
ESE Paper 1 Answer Key 2021
As the IES Exam for ESE Prelims 2021 held , the UPSC Board is soon to release the official answer key for ESE Prelims 2021, but our highly experienced faculties has made the most expected answer key for IES Exam 2021 Prelims , checkout below
IES Exam 2021 Paper 1 Expected Cutoff
The final cutoff is decided on the basis of performance in both Paper I and Paper II , Out of a total of 500 (200 Paper I + 300 Paper II) the final cutoff for each branch is decided.
From our analysis we came to a conclusion that,
- Candidates having a good attempt of 55-60 out of 100 question can be considered safe
- Highest score in ESE Exam Paper I GS can be considered nearly 150 Marks out of 200