TANGEDCO AE Recruitment 2020
The online application date for recruitment of Assistant Engineer in Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited (TANGEDCO) has been extended till 16 March 2020. The candidates can pay the application fee through the bank challan till 19 March 2020. The examination date has not been declared till now. Candidates can apply for the same on the official website – www.tangedco.gov.in, and keep visiting it for any further details regarding the date of the Competitive Online Examination.
Distribution of Vacancies
There are a total of 600 vacancies of Assistant Engineer for the year 2020 that are distributed as follows in the domains of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE), Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Instrumentation Engineering (ECE/ IE), Computer Science/ Information Technology Engineering (CSE/ IT), Mechanical, and Civil Engineering:
- Backlog vacancies
- EEE – 7
- CSE/ IT – 1
- Current Vacancies:
- EEE – 357
- ECE/ IE – 28
- CSE/ IT – 7
- Mechanical – 125
- Civil – 75
Assistant Engineers in TANGEDCO receive a remuneration of Level 1 Officer Pay Matrix i.e., Rs.39800 – 126500.
- Age (as on 01 July 2019):
Minimum Age – 18 Years
Maximum Age – 30 Years
Relaxations in Upper Age Limit:
Certain relaxations are applicable on the upper age limit, details for which are available in the official notification.
- Educational Qualification
- A candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in the respective domains of engineering from any university or Institution, recognized by the University Grants Commission or any of the Universities recognized by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Must have passed AMIE (Sections A and B) under the respective branch of Engineering Branch OR Equivalent recognized by the UGC.
- Knowledge of Tamil Language
- A Candidate should possess an adequate knowledge of the official language of the State, namely Tamil, on the date of this notification.
- The selection for the posts of Assistant Engineers is done on the basis of an online examination.
- For Electrical Engineering the question paper will be available only in the English Language, however, for Mechanical and Civil it will be in English as well as Tamil Languages.
- There are three parts in the 2-hour examination that holds a maximum weightage of 100 marks.
- Parts I and II are common to all branches, wherein Part-I is based on Engineering Mathematics, and Part-II contains questions related to Basic Engineering & Sciences.
- Part-III holds the maximum weightage (60 marks) amongst all three sections and is based on the Subject/ Stream selected by the candidate.
- Every wrong answer warrants a penalty of 1/3 mark assigned to a question; however, marks will not be deducted for the questions left unanswered.