IOCL Recruitment 2020 for Apprentice Posts
Recruitment process of Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) – Apprentice Posts has started with the activation of the online application portal, where the aspirants can apply for the written test till 20 March 2020. The selected candidates will be placed in the Western Region of India (Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Goa, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli). Full details of the vacancies as per the states and trades are available on the official website – https://www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/Apprenticeships.aspx
While applying online, Candidates should bear in mind that they must apply for ONE DISCIPLINE CODE ONLY; else their applications will not be considered and summarily rejected.
IOCL is recruiting for following apprenticeships in 2020. For further details, candidates are advised to refer to the official notification.
- Technician Apprentice
Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Civil, Electrical & Electronics, and Electronics)
- Trade Apprentice
Fitter, Electrician, Electronics, Instrument, Machinist, Accountant, Data Entry Operator (Fresher Apprentices), and Data Entry Operator (Skill Certificate Holder)
IOCL demands the candidates to bear the following educational qualifications at the time of application:
- Technician Apprentice – 3 years Diploma in the respective domains.
- Trade Apprentice – ITI certificate in the respective domains.
- Trade Apprentice (Accountant) – Graduation degree.
- Trade Apprentice (Data Entry Operator – Fresher Candidates) – Class XII.
- Trade Apprentice (Data Entry Operator – Skilled Certificate Holder) – Class XII with Skill Certificate holder in ‘Domestic Data Entry Operator’.
18 to 24 years as on 29 February 2020.
*Relaxation in Upper Age limit as per government rules.
Selection Process entails a written test with 100 Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) based on the Concerned Discipline of Diploma Level, General Aptitude & Reasoning, etc.
Duration – 90 Minutes
Written Test Languages – English and Hindi
Negative Marking – Not Applicable
The written test will comprise the following sections:
- Trade Apprentice Accountant: Generic Aptitude including Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Abilities – 30 Marks each; Basic English Language Skills – 40 Marks
- Trade Apprentice (Data Entry Operator): General Aptitude and Reasoning Abilities, Basic English Language Skills, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness – 25 Marks each
- Trade Apprentice (Fitter/ Electrician/ Electronics /Instrument / Machinist) & Technician Apprentice (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Civil/ Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics):
Technical Knowledge in the relevant discipline – 40 Marks; Generic Aptitude including Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Abilities, and Basic English Language Skills – 20 Marks Each
Minimum Marks for General Category – 40%.
Minimum Marks for SC/ST/PwBD categories against reserved positions – 35%.
Medical Fitness Standards – Pre-engagement medical and physical fitness test is compulsory for all the candidates.