UPSC 2021 : The UPSC Engineering Service Examination was held of 18th July 2021, The exam was held in two shifts, first shift for GS (Paper I) and the second shift for Technical (Paper II) . The Paper I is common to all branches while paper II is branch specific, different paper for different branches. The qualified candidates from ESE Prelims will be allowed to appear for ESE mains Examination which is going to be held in the month of October 2021. Checkout Topic-wise Exam Analysis for ESE Paper II Analysis for Mechanical Engineering , Highlights of the examination, Difficulty level of the Exam Expected cutoff and total question attempts by a candidate for the safe zone.
UPSC ESE 2021 Paper II Mechanical Engineering Highlights
ADDA247 team , in conversation with the appearing candidates of IES 2021 Prelims exam, got to know key highlights of the examination. The points mentioned below are the crux of the experiences of different candidates who appeared for ESE 2021 Prelims Exam.
- The paper was Easy to Moderate compared to ESE 2020 Prelims
- Thermal Engineering questions were considered easy by appearing students
- Manufacturing Engineering and material Science had good number of questions.
- Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Machines has the highest weightage as experienced by aspirants.
- Some lengthy Numerical Problems were also encountered by students
IES ESE 2021 Paper II (Mechanical Engineering) Topic-wise Analysis
|Subject||No. Of Questions||Difficulty Level|
|Fluid Mechanics and Machines||23||Moderate|
|Mechatronics and Robotics||12||Moderate|
|Renewable Source of Energy||12||Easy|
|Strength of Materials||9||Easy|
|Theory of Machines||13||Easy|
|Production and Material Science||18||Moderate|
|Total||150||Easy to Moderate|
ESE 2021 Mechanical Engineering Question Paper Download [PDF]
Given below is the direct link to download the question paper of ESE Prelims Paper II Mechanical Engineering, Checkout now.
IES Exam 2021 Paper 2 Mechanical Engineering Expected Cutoff
The final cutoff is decided on the basis of performance in both Paper I and Paper II , Out of a total of 500 (200 Paper I + 300 Paper II) the final cutoff for each branch is decided.
From our analysis we came to a conclusion that,
- Candidates having a good attempt of 90-100 out of 150 question can be considered safe
- Highest score in ESE Exam Paper 2 Mechanical Engineering can be considered nearly 230 Marks out of 300