Coal India Limited is a Maharatna PSU and is one of the single largest coal producers in the world. This Indian coal mining and refinery company owned by the Ministry of Coal, Government of India boasts of employing nearly 2.85 lakh people. It conducts a Computer Based Online Test for the recruitment of Management Trainees. This year the examination has been scheduled for 27 – 28 February 2020.
This year the examination would be conducted for 1326 vacancies. Their detailed breakup based on the categories is available on the website – Official Website
Emoluments – The examinees selected during the recruitment process will be placed as Management Trainee in E-2 Grade with a pay scale of Rs. 50,000 – 1,60,000/-. However, during the training period initial Basic of Rs. 50,000/- per month shall be given.
Once a candidate has successfully completed the 1-year training and he/ she has to pass a test conducted for scrutinizing the knowledge, following which a probation period of 1 year shall be applicable. After completion of initial training, E-3 Grade in the scale of pay of Rs. 60,000– 1,80,000/- shall be applicable, and the initial Basic of Rs. 60,000/- shall be given during the probation period.
CIL MT Recruitment examination for 2020 shall be administered for the following disciplines:
|Post Code||Name of Discipline|
|18||Finance & Accounts|
|19||Personnel & HR|
|20||Marketing & Sales|
There are two papers, followed by a personal interview.
1. 3-hour computer-based test shall be conducted in one sitting only for Paper – I and Paper-II.
2. Paper- I contain 100 multiple choice questions(MCQ) that test the applicants’ knowledge of General Knowledge/Awareness, Reasoning, Numerical Ability, and General English
3. Paper-II contains 100 MCQ based on the discipline that a candidate has applied for.
4. Each Question carries one mark
5. There is no negative marking in case of wrong answers in any of the papers.
6. Marks will not be awarded or deducted for the un-attempted questions
7. The test will be bilingually conducted i.e. questions will be available both in Hindi and English Languages. However, in case of any error in the Hindi version, the English version of the question shall be considered as valid & final.
The personal interview will be of 10 marks. The candidates will be called for Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:3 (3 candidates against 1 vacancy in respective category) on the basis of their merit, keeping in view the provision of reservation for SC / ST / OBC (NCL) / PwD / EWS.
Coal India Limited releases the answer key on its website within a few days of the examination. The candidates can refer to the answer key for estimating their marks.
The qualifying marks are as follows:
.General and EWS category applicants – A minimum of 40 marks in each paper.
.OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) – A minimum of 35 marks in each paper.
.SC/ ST/ PwD – A minimum of 30 marks in each paper.
Note – The above mentioned are the qualifying marks for the candidates to be considered for the interview, however, the cut-off is actually a lot higher owing to the tough competition amongst the aspirants.
The cut-off marks depend on the following factors:
•The cut-off marks for the upcoming exam depends on the number of vacancies,
•The number of candidates who apply for the CIL Management Trainee examination.
•Another important factor that seriously affects the cut-offs is the difficulty level of the Paper – I and Paper – II of the CIL MT Examination.
Following table shows the category wise Coal India Management Trainee – 2017 Cut off marks:
|Category||General||ST||SC||OBC-NCL||PWD HH||PWD OH|
ST – Scheduled Tribes
SC – Scheduled Castes
OBC-NCL – Other Backward Classes-Non Creamy Layer
PWD-HH – Hearing Handicapped (persons suffering from hearing impairment)
PWD-OH – Orthopedically Handicapped (persons suffering from loco motor disability)
Cut-off marks for Coal India MT 2020 are as follows:
1. Cut-off marks based on the various categories will be available once the result has been declared. Here we are providing a general estimate of the expected cut-offs for various disciplines.
2. The table below shows the expected cut-off marks; however, there may be a slight variation in the actual cut off marks that would be released by the Coal India Limited on the official website after the declaration of result for the computer-based test.
|Name of Discipline||Expected Cut-Off|
|Finance & Accounts||135-145|
|Personnel & HR||135-145|
|Marketing & Sales||140-150|
3 Consolidated marks of Computer Based Online Test and Personal Interview will be taken into consideration for preparing the final merit list.
4 The Final merit list shall be uploaded on the Official website